Sunday, August 11, 2013

Why One Heart?

One Heart is an idea I came up with a very long time ago. We have only one heart and one body, sure. So personal health and fitness is something I strive for on a day to day basis. But I'm hoping to achieve so much more with this blog and my other endeavors. I want this to be more than just another fitness blog, or just another DIY page. My name is Kayleigh, and this is what I'm all about.



I'm a twenty-something,sardonic, active duty Marine trying to get on day by day. I don't want this to be about me and my journey with the Marine Corps, but the lifestyle is pervasive and I'm sure it will be a topic of interest to future readers. About a year ago my overall health started to suffer for asymptomatic reasons, which is a fun phrase doctors use when they don't what is actually wrong with you. I was diagnosed with chronic bilateral sinus disease and had facial reconstructive surgery this past March, 2013. Around the same time, my doctors found that I had early symptoms of cervical cancer as well as other assorted cysts throughout my system. I had those all successfully surgically removed April of this year. During this, and in the aftermath, I was hospitalized four times and treated for kidney infection when the trauma teams could only find that my white blood cells were extremely overactive.


What this all means is that I'm facing autoimmune disaster, and also a very very important choice: What now? I love being a Marine, and I believe in the power of inspiration, motivation, and nutrition. I believe that anything can be treated and managed with the right diet and determination. I also believe that I can't do this without some doctors behind me, so I'm having a private doctor check everything out when I go home on leave the next time. For now, I'm a bacon lover forced into a torrid affair with vegetables and herbal treatments that reduce joint inflammation and benefit those with autoimmune diseases because I absolutely will not let this run my life. I may or may not stay in the Marine Corps, but god help the person who tries to take that decision away from me. I'm writing this to document my journey through alternative medicine, and hopefully to inspire readers into truly believing that your life is in your hands. Your life is a choice, whether that be a choice to eat garbage and get sick or a choice to get motivated and take your body back. We only get one.


This is what I'm choosing to do. Eat right for me, and rule my life with good choices and good workouts. Hopefully you enjoy the following posts. Follow me on Instagram (oneheartonebody) and keep an ear to the ground for my etsy shop to open. I make my own natural, organic soaps and I will be doing a giveaway once it's all off the ground. My dog and I would love to help you get healthy too.




If I leave you with one thing today, I want it to be this: Every day we wake up and decide whether to make it until closing time, or to slowly transform ourselves into the person we would want to meet. We decide to be great. Go out and do great things, don't forget that you have dreams, and try to inspire someone close to you today. Much love,

~Kayleigh




1 comment:

  1. <3 I'm looking forward to read all about your adventures!

    ReplyDelete